aisforamaretto

Book On The Move

"An honourable, obstinate, truthful, high-spirited, intensely prejudiced, perfectly unreasonable man."

A Feast for Crows: Book 4 of a Song of Ice and Fire (Song of Ice & Fire)

A Feast for Crows  - George R.R. Martin A great novel to read, I expected nothing less from George R.R. Martin. It's interesting that this book mainly focused on the Cersei, Jaime, Brienne, Samwell, Sansa/Alayne and Arya/Cat and the Iron Islands, no matter how little I care for Aeron Damphair, Victarion Greyjoy, Asha Greyjoy and Euron Crow's Eye. It's interesting to see Cersei as the power-hungry little wh*** she is, and how she'll do anything to make sure the Iron Throne is hers and only hers, and how she defies the gender role of Westeros as best as she can. It's clear that watching the war from both sides makes it 10x better. CONCERNS/ISSUES-What happens to Brienne after she "screamed a word" when the Brotherhood without Banners were about to hang her? Does Lady Catelyn/Stoneheart end up taking pity on her?-Does death change a person? Lady Catelyn, in life, would never hang people on impulse, but it seems that after being revived, "Lady Stoneheart" has taken a different approach to the situation. Her philosophy? "Hang them all, let the Old Gods and the New sort them out."-Where's Danerys, Davos, and Tyrion, we barely saw Jon Snow except the opening Samwell chapter.-What is Littlefinger's true game? I have a feeling HE'LL be the one to take the Iron THrone in the end, with the way he's scheming things away as the sun sets and rises.